Not all mulches are created equal. Produced from recycled green organics, this mulch has been broken down, so that it has a nutrient value of its own. Applying a 5cm layer on top of your garden beds or pots will help greatly in retaining moisture. It also great for promoting earthworm and microbial activity.
Mulch is used to retain moisture in the soil, suppress weeds, keep the soil cool, and improve the aesthetics of the garden bed. Organic mulches also help improve the soil’s structure, drainage, and nutrient-holding capacity as the mulch decomposes.
- Improves water retention and insulates plants against extreme temperature fluctuations
- Suppresses weed growth and reduces soil erosion
- Contains vital organic matter to further improve soil fertility and structure
- Commonly used in small garden bed areas
- Gets your plants through extreme weather (protects plant roots from hot drying weather and keeps the soil cooler under the sun)
- Keeps down weeds weeds which are not only unsightly, but also steal nutrients from your plants
- Keeps plants clean
- A mulch blanket helps prevent disease and vegetables will be much easier to wash
- Adds nutrients to the soil as it breaks down into valuable humus
- Beautifying effect to your top soil
FREE OF WEED SEEDS Ground Control Mulches are fully composted which means they are free of weed seeds
When soil becomes dry, water will collect on the soil surface instead of being absorbed where it’s needed - at the roots.
SIMPLE WAYS TO FIX DRY GARDEN SOIL HANDY HINT
Use Ground Control mulch to protect your soil and prevent it from drying out. Apply small amounts of water as a fine spray or sprinkler on top. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and repeat until the soil is wet. Even the driest of soils will be back to normal in a few hours.