A common feature in Malaysia is rock hard soil in our pots and even gardens. Our garden soil blend is a loose, crumbly soil that is fast draining, yet retains enough water to prevent drought stress. Packed full of broken down organic materials, this open structured blend will not get compacted or harden in pots. This is the ideal all around soil for your garden beds, large pots and deep rooting plants.
Generally garden soil is the upper (usually the top 5–10 inches (13–25 cm). It has the highest concentration of organic matter and microorganisms and is where most of the biological soil activity occurs. Our garden soil blend is ideal for filling in low spots in lawns or along walks and patios. Adding a few inches of topsoil gives lawn grass a better chance than subsoil or clay. When planting trees, shrubs vegetables or herbs, replacing the existing soil with Ground Control garden soil can help your plants grow stronger and more vigorously.
- Rich in organic matter, it provides a slow and steady release of nutrients
Improved soil structure, water infiltration & increased soil aeration
Adds beneficial micro-organisms to support healthier and sustained growth
- Retains moisture where it’s needed most - to the roots
- Open structure, free draining, resists compaction (a frequent problem in raised gardens)
- Promotes healthy root establishment and growth
- Light weight soil suitable for rooftop and balcony gardens
- Great as a topsoil for garden beds, substrate for new lawns, or in place of typical clay soils found all over Malaysia
- In new homes where topsoil has been depleted or removed
- Ideal for large tubs, grow tongs and planter boxes
- For vegetable and herb patches
- Raised garden beds
Garden vegetable, flower, herbal beds